The Semen extracted from animal(s) must be accompanied by a Health Certificate signed by the Veterinary Authority of the country of origin certifying that: –
- The country from which the Semen are exported has been free from Foot and Mouth Disease for a period of at least twelve (12) months immediately prior to the date of exportation of the Semen; and
- The animal(s) is / are physically sound and in good health and free from symptoms and clinical signs of OIE listed infectious or contagious diseases that could be transmitted through semen. on date of collection; and
- So far it has been possible to ascertain Scrapie has not existed on the premises from which the animal(s) / Semen has / have originated during the three (3) years immediately prior to date of the exportation of the Semen.
- The Semen were derived from a certified Brucellosis free herd or the donor cow that was tested negative for Brucellosis using Complement fixation (CF) or a serum agglutination test with internationally approved antigens for Brucellosis either within three months prior to or three months after the collection of the Semen for export .
- The semen originated from a facility which is under the supervision of the Competent Authority of the exporting country and adhere to guideline as outlined in the terrestrial animal health code for such facilities.
This permit is valid for three (3) months(single entry) from the date hereof.