The animal(s) must be accompanied by a Health Certificate signed by the Veterinary Authority of the country of origin certifying that:
- The country from which the animal(s) is/are exported has/have been free from Foot and Mouth Disease for a period of at least twenty-four (24) months immediately prior to the date of exportation of the animal(s).
- The animal(s) is/are physically sound and in good health and free from symptoms of Scrapie and other OIE prescribed or infectious or contagious disease of the species.
- So far as it has been possible to ascertain Scrapie has not existed on the premises from which the animal(s) originated during the three (3) years immediately prior to date of the exportation of the animal(s) and the animal(s) is/are not the progeny of a sire or dam which has/have been affected by Scrapie.
- The animal(s) has/have been subjected, with negative reactions, to a serum agglutination test with internationally approved antigens, for Brucellosis, during the twenty (20) days immediately prior to the exportation of the animals.
- The animal(s) has/have been subjected, with negative reaction(s), for Ovine Lymphadenitis test twenty-one (21) days immediately prior to the exportation of the animals.
- Two (2) days preceding export, the animal(s) should be given intramuscular injections of a recommended dose of a long acting broad-spectrum antibiotic.
- The animal(s) was/were treated for endo-and ecto-parasites during the seventy-two (72) hours preceding export.
This permit is valid for three (3) months (single entry)from the date thereof.