PROCEDURE FOR THE EXPORTATION OF ANIMALS FROM GUYANA
Step 1: –Request for an export permit and completion of export permit application by the exporter.
Step 2:- Health examination of animal.
Step 3:- Determination and granting of export heath certificate for the particular species of animal or bird.
The following are considered:
- Health of the animal to be exported.
- Import requirements of the country to which the animal is exported.
- Vaccination status of the animal to be exported (for dogs and cats) rabies vaccine should be administered 30 days prior to travel in some cases result of a titer test is required.
- Ability of the exporter to fulfill the requirements for importing.
- Presentation of test results and health records.
Step 4:- Preparation and processing of International Export Health Certificate attesting to the health of the animal, (four (4) working days).
Signatures of approval: –Senior Veterinary Officer or a Veterinary Officer so designated, the Chief Executive Officer or Deputy Chief Executive Officer with his seal.
Step 5:– The permit is collected by the applicant or an individual on their behalf via written authorization.