The animal(s) must be accompanied by a Health Certificate signed by the Veterinary Authority of the country of origin certifying that: –
- The country from which the animals are exported has been free from Foot and Mouth Disease for a period of at least twenty four (24) months immediately prior to the date of exportation of the animals.
- The country if not free from Foot and Mouth Disease, that the premises from which the horse(s) originated and all places on the route and all places within fifteen miles on the route, by which the horses were transported to the port of exportation have been free of Foot and Mouth Disease for a period of at least twelve (12) months immediately prior to the date of the exportation of the horses.
- The horse(s) is/are in good health and free from any symptoms of and prescribed or any other infection or contagious disease
- In so far as it has been possible to ascertain no case of Dourine Mal de Coit Caderas, Glanders (Farcy), Epizootic Equine Infectious Anaemia, African Horse sickness, Vesicular Stomatitis, Encephalomyelitis, Mange or Contagious Equine Metritis has occurred on the premises from which the horses originated, or at any place within fifteen miles there from, during the period of sixty days immediately prior to the period of exportation
- The horse(s) has/have been treated for external and internal parasites during the 72 hours proceeding exportation.
This permit is valid for three (3) months(single entry) from the date thereof.