The animal(s) must be accompanied by a Health Certificate signed by the Veterinary Authority of the country of origin certifying that: –
- The country from which the animal(s) is/are exported has/have been free from Foot and Mouth Disease for a period of at least twenty-four (24) months immediately prior to the date of exportation of the animal (s); and
- The animal(s) at the time of shipment is/are physically sound and in good health and free from symptoms of Swine Flu, Porcine Brucellosis, Anthrax, Pseudo-rabies (Audjeskey disease), Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), Transmissible Gastroenteritis and Leptospirosis; and any other OIE listed diseases for the species.
- That the above mentioned diseases has not existed and or recorded on the premises from which the animal(s) originated during the twenty-four (24) months immediately prior to the date of exportation; and the said premises is under veterinary supervision.
- The animal(s) has/have been subjected, to serological examination with negative results using an to OIE approved tests, for the following diseases : Audjeskey disease , Porcine Brucellosis, Transmissible Gastroenteritis, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, during the thirty (30) days immediately prior to the exportation of the animals.
- The farm from which the animals originate has been subjected to a programme for the detection and control of TRICHINELLOSIS and PORCINE CYSTERCERCOSIS, and there has been no recorded cases of the mentioned diseases during the twenty-four (24) months prior to the exportation of the animals.
- Two (2) days preceding export, the animal(s) should be given intramuscular injections of a recommended dose of long-acting, broad-spectrum antibiotic.
- The animal(s) was/were treated for endo-and ecto-parasites during the seventy-two (72) hours preceding export.
This permit is valid for three (3) months(single entry) from the date thereof.